Massage therapy is a great thing to incorporate in today’s busy lifestyle. Many people neglect the need to take some time out to relax, have some time that is dedicated just to them to recharge and refresh. Massage can help induce deep relaxation, helping to remove the pent up tension of the stress response, without damaging the body. It is easy to forget what deep relaxation feels like and many people are unaware of how much tension they hold in their body.
Treatments are tailored to suit your needs, so a case history will be taken on your first visit to maximise benefits. Furthermore, if it is just relaxation you require then the lighter pressure of holistic massage is used. If you have areas of tension or ‘’knots’’ then I can use some deep tissue therapy that will help release the area.
A whole body massage treatment will generally last 1 hour, whereas specific areas such as back, neck and shoulder treatments last 30mins.
There are many benefits to massage which include:-
- Massage is a treatment that relies on touch, one of the most neglected senses. Touch sustained through massage can boost self-esteem and comfort the lonely and bereaved.
- It boosts the immune system which weakened by constant stress, by stimulating circulation and lymphatic systems.
- It releases endorphins, the pain-relieving ‘happy’ hormones.
- Encourages deeper breathing, lowers the heart rate and switches digestion back on.
- It relaxes all the body systems which either shut down or speed up when stressed, thus helping stress related conditions such as insomnia, headaches, backache and constipation.
- Boosts well-being which in turn increases self-worth.
- It stimulates the body’s natural ability to repair and renew, at cellular level.
More commonly known are the effects of massage on the muscular system:-
- Improve muscle tone by stimulating stretch receptors.
- Relieves fatigue in muscle tissue by improving drainage and removing lactic acid.
- Helps prevent formation of adhesion of muscle tissue.
- Helps reduce the formation of scar tissue.
- Relaxes tense and tight muscles.
- Helps to mobilise joints
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. Reiki healing is based on the belief that when someone has physical, mental, emotional or spiritual problems the energy within them is blocked, and the whole body needs to be treated, rather than specific symptoms or areas
***Introductory offer of £5.00 off of your first treatment.***