Ashly Martin is our massage, reiki, reflexologist therapist and Yoga Instructor.
Ashly is an experienced massage therapist specialising in Sports Massage and holistic therapies. Previously an aerobics instructor, Ashly decided to have a complete career change once her children started school. Over the last sixteen years Ashly has gained ITEC Diplomas in Holistic Massage, Sports/Remedial Massage & Reflexology.
Ashly has continued her professional development by completing courses in Advanced Massage Techniques, Indian Head Massage, Hot Stone Massage, VCTC Diploma in Thai Massage, she also has a love for yoga and was fortunate enough last year to do her Yoga Teacher Training and is now proud to be a RYT200 with a passion for Yin Yoga in which she offers one to one sessions.
Ashly is also a Reiki practitioner and she will be offering all these therapies at The Old Road Clinic, she is a member of the Complimentary Therapists Association (CThA).
Since 2006 Ashly has worked as a Complementary Therapist, running her own successful business from home, providing a very professional massage therapy service and has built a successful client base over the years. Ashly has 6 years experience working in a local Chiropractic Clinic in Chelmsford part time, working alongside the Chiropractors providing maintenance massage for patients & personalising treatment programs. Ashly has also worked for a 5-star Spa, offering her extensive range of treatments.
Ashly says "Its so rewarding being able to help people, whether you are looking for a relaxing experience or that deeper massage that really works the muscles, I am really passionate about improving peoples quality of life and wellbeing and helping you back to optimum health and with my holistic, friendly approach and extensive knowledge I can tailor each treatment to your specific needs."
"I am really excited to be moving from Chelmsford and starting my new life in Frinton-On-Sea and I cannot wait to start offering my services at The Old Road Clinic and work alongside Trevor and his team. I look forward to meeting you and would like to offer a 25% OFF your first treatment with me,
I also have a rewards card for customers requiring regular treatments and should you refer a friend you receive a £5 discount on your next treatment.
There are many benefits to massage which include:-
- Massage is a treatment that relies on touch, one of the most neglected senses. Touch sustained through massage can boost self-esteem and comfort the lonely and bereaved.
- It boosts the immune system which weakened by constant stress, by stimulating circulation and lymphatic systems.
- It releases endorphins, the pain-relieving ‘happy’ hormones.
- Encourages deeper breathing, lowers the heart rate and switches digestion back on.
- It relaxes all the body systems which either shut down or speed up when stressed, thus helping stress related conditions such as insomnia, headaches, backache and constipation.
- Boosts well-being which in turn increases self-worth.
- It stimulates the body’s natural ability to repair and renew, at cellular level.
More commonly known are the effects of massage on the muscular system:-
- Improve muscle tone by stimulating stretch receptors.
- Relieves fatigue in muscle tissue by improving drainage and removing lactic acid.
- Helps prevent formation of adhesion of muscle tissue.
- Helps reduce the formation of scar tissue.
- Relaxes tense and tight muscles.
- Helps to mobilise joints
Reiki is a simple, natural and safe method of spiritual healing and self-improvement that everyone can use. Reiki healing is based on the belief that when someone has physical, mental, emotional or spiritual problems the energy within them is blocked, and the whole body needs to be treated, rather than specific symptoms or areas.
Thai Yoga Massage
Are you feeling stressed, tense, or lacking energy? A Thai Yoga Massage may be the solution you need to regain your health condition and vitality.
Thai yoga massage differs from a regular massage in that the client is fully dressed and no oils are applied. Instead, it incorporates many yoga postures, like forward bends, backbends, spinal twists, cobra, locust, and more.
This dynamic therapy offers many benefits:
- Helps detoxify the body and boosts the immune system
- Increases blood circulation and lowers blood pressure
- Great for muscle relaxation, increases flexibility in muscles and increases mobility
- Improves posture, balance, corrects body alignments and dissolves energy blocks
- Helps tone the body, strengthens joints and fights diseases including chronic joint problems
- Reduces and relieves stress and anxiety
- Helps boost energy levels